Let’s do some quick planning and and organize social media content for a month. This will take less than an hour and will boost your editorial planning confidence.
- Set a timer. When you have competing priorities, social media doesn’t usually make the cut for in the competition for your time. If you set a timer for an hour, you will be more focused to get as much done in that hour as possible. It also helps you remain stress-free because you know there is an and time after which you’ll be able to get back to the rest of your lengthy list of things to do.
- Think about any dates next month that are specific to your industry. For example, if your target audience is teachers, be sure you post frequently in July and August to help teachers as they prepare to go back to school. Be sure to save the list of dates for next year!
- Look ahead to the month after next. Is there anything you need to plan for? If you own a storefront, are there any holidays coming up that you’ll run specials or decorate for? Sketch out the social posts you’ll do in conjunction with these events and set a plan to finalize and schedule them.
- Do your research. Are you feeling less than creative? Do a quick online search for jokes around your topic or to get ideas about what other experts in your field have said about the topic.
- Don’t be afraid to jot ideas down, even if you know they need editing. It is easier to edit content than to create it, so jot down anything that comes to mind when you are looking at the content calendar. Jot ideas for the events in the whole month before you go back and refine. Knowing the month’s priorities will get your creative juices flowing.
- Schedule posts. Don’t wait until the day-of to post things you’ve already planned for. You’ve created your content, now schedule it so that you know it will post and you don’t have to worry about it again.
- Pat yourself on the back for your proactive planning and organizing your social media. This wasn’t an easy hour, but aren’t you glad you too the time to do some social media planning? You are already in better shape than you were.
- Call DQB Strategies if you have questions or need help! We know you’re busy. That’s why we want to help businesses like yours plan, create and manage their digital strategies.