It’s easy to feel overwhelmed about how to get started with email marketing for your business. Follow these simple tips to kickstart your email marketing.
1. Build your list. The first step to any email marketing campaign is building your list. This can be done through lead capture forms on your website, sign-up incentives like eBooks or webinars, or even by asking your current customers to sign up for your email list.
2. Segment your list. Once you have a healthy list of subscribers, take the time to segment them into different categories. This will help you target your content and messaging to specific groups of people, making your email marketing efforts more effective.
3. Write great content. Once you know who you’re targeting and what you want to say, it’s time to start writing. Your content should be valuable and interesting to your target audience, so they’ll look forward to reading your emails.
4. Use a strong subject line. The subject line of your email is your chance to grab your subscribers’ attention and convince them to open the email. Make sure it’s relevant to the content inside and catches their eye.
5. Keep it short. Most people are inundated with emails throughout the day, so keep your emails short and to the point. People are more likely to read and act on shorter emails.
6. Use visuals. Including images and other visuals in your emails is a great way to catch your reader’s attention and break up the text.
7. Test and track. Always test your email marketing messages on a small group of your subscribers before sending them to the entire list. And be sure to track the results of your campaigns so you can optimize them for better results.
Email marketing campaigns should always be creative, engaging, and informative in order to be successful. By using a mix of the ten tips provided in this article, you can create an email marketing campaign that will resonate with your subscribers and encourage them to take action.
If you need help making a clear plan for your marketing, schedule a call today, and our team of we’ll create a clear marketing playbook for you. Danielle is a Certified StoryBrand Guide and a MailChimp Certified Email Marketer.
You may also enjoy reading: